25 October 2004

Music Feature: "A Fantasy Clubs Playlist - This Is Pop" by Lori Daly

Author: Lori Daly

A couple of weeks ago I went to a pretty shoddy club night and everything they did, I thought I could do better. I'd paid a tenner to see over-rated badly mixed disco (at an electro techno night) from a DJ who couldn't tell when to work the crowd up..

So in my head I have been devising my own fantasy club night and have cobbled together what would pass for a fantasy setlist (well at least this week...)

You up for coming?

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory - Johnny Thunders
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
New Friend - The Concretes
Fisherman - The Congos
Nag, Nag, Nag - Cabaret Voltaire
Mongoloid - Devo
Change - Killing Joke
Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem
Pressure - Mylo
Short Skirts - Felix Da Housecat
Eisbar - Grauzone
La Roc 01 - Vitalic
Rock Show - Peaches
Lets Get Sick - Mu
I Still Don't Love You - White Trash
Shoplifting - The Slits
Tongue Tied - Erase Eratta
White Mice - The Mo-dettes
This Is Pop? - XTC
Collapsing New People - Fad Gadget
Human Fly - The Cramps
Fever - Pink Grease
I Hate Models - Neils Children
Psycho - The Sonics
Personality Crisis - New York Dolls
What a Waster - The Libertines
Good Weekend - Art Brut
Three Card Rhumba - Wire
Just Like Honey - Jesus and Mary Chain
Be My Baby - The Ronnettes
Is That All There Is? - Peggy Lee

No comments: